Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Thoughts & Prayers

My family and I have been overwhelmed with notes, texts and messages of support. It is heartwarming to get these messages from family, current and past friends and acquaintances. It must be difficult to write something after hearing or reading the news. What do I say? 

I remember it being difficult to know what to say when I learned about others illnesses or diagnosis. How can you show that you care, that you are there for the person and want to help without intruding or worrying that you may not be saying the right thing. There is no right thing to say! 

Positive messages are always welcome. It is sometimes hard to remain positive when the news and results you are getting are not good and sometimes difficult to understand. Getting a little pick me up message, a joke, a smile, a 'I’m thinking of you' text goes along way to brightening your day. We need to do this everyday for others. We all need these positive thoughts. I challenge you all to send positive thoughts to others in your life each day. Start today!  

Cancer is unique to each individual. Often people try to relate to your cancer diagnosis by mentioning a family member or friend who has gone through their own cancer journey. Everyone means well and wants to share their personal connection to this terrible disease. It still surprises me the magnitude of  how many lives and families this terrible disease has impacted. I can't tell you the number of people who have come forward to say that they themselves have had cancer or a close family member has or has had cancer since I started my blog. I am shocked by this. 

Thoughts and prayers do mean a great deal. Messages of support, periodic check ins and positive thoughts are encouraged. Be mindful that responses may not always be possible but know that your message has been read and know how much it means to me and my family.

It is heartwarming to see the number of people that have said that they are praying for me or have ask others in their place of worship to pray for me. People from many different religious backgrounds. Regardless of who we worship or what we believe in, we all have one thing in common, we care for others. I am so blessed. 

A few days ago I found out that a work colleague of mine had passed away after a long battle with cancer. She fought courageously throughout. My thoughts returned to her smile, her positive attitude and her caring personality. My hope is that she did not suffer in the end and that she is now at peace. My thoughts of her and her family and my prayers to support her family at this difficult time continue.

Thoughts and prayers may not change outcomes but they do change mindset. Mindset is half the battle in my opinion. My one hope is that you will acknowledge others now, letting them know how you feel about them. Don't wait until you have to include..... you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Live this each day!

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Your positive mindset is absolutely inspirational. I pray that with each treatment you receive, that your strength I have come to know, will support you and your family through these most challenging times. If at anytime there is anything I can do to support please don't ever hesitate to ask, even if it is just a lift somewhere. I will continue to follow your blog; I have learned so much already following your journey. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with all of us.

    ReplyDelete