Saturday, December 14, 2019

Family- Home Sweet Home

To me, December is a time for family. 

There are really only a few times during the year, when most of us can really slow down the pace and take time to enjoy each others company. December holidays are one of these times for our family. December provides opportunities to visit and celebrate with our extended families and friends. Lots of good food, music & good company.  The lead up to Christmas if often hectic and busy but the days after Christmas and before the new year are perfect for slowing down, sitting around in our PJ's, watching movies and decompressing.  Spending time with those that matter the most.

Family means everything to me. I am so glad that we are all able to be together during Christmas. Sitting together for family meals, especially Sunday morning 'big' breakfasts, are something that our family really enjoys doing. As our children grow older, these special moments become harder to arrange. 

Our family is so fortunate to all be together this Christmas. Sophie was able to return from university earlier this year, which is allowing us lots of time to spend together. We are saddened at the same time that we will not be able to enjoy the holidays with our extended family in Kingston, but staying close to home this holiday seems best for us at this time in our cancer journey.  

My family keeps asking me what I would like for Christmas and my response is all I really want for Christmas is TIME.  Time to be with them, time to enjoy each others company. We tend to take time for granted. Time is precious. 

My wish for you all is to continue to make memories with each other. Take time to be with each other as much a possible, especially during the holidays. Use this holiday season to connect or reconnect with your family and build new memories with each other.

This will be my last blog post for 2019. I will be taking a few weeks off to enjoy the holiday season with my family. Our plans include: going for some nature walks, playing board games, watching some of our favourite classic Christmas movies, doing some local day trips and just having a chance to sit, relax and talk with each other (which seems like something of a luxury these days). 

I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday. Enjoy your time with your family. Make some memories!

Richard

5 comments:

  1. Have a great holiday and enjoy your time. If you haven’t tried jigsaw puzzles maybe give them a whirl. For us it’s a form of mindfulness. Totally focussed on shape and colour. But whatever the activity is being with loved ones is the best. Happy Holidays, Richard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I will need to try a jigsaw puzzle now that I actually have time to do one.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas time with your family Richard. Here's to many many special moments in time with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings for you and your family this Christmas Richard. Praying for continued strength for you throughout the holidays. More importantly I am praying for healing. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete